The office of the building department encompasses all of the traditional roles performed by a building inspector as well as issuing:
- Building code violations
- Building permits
- Certificates of occupancy
- Demolition permits
- Sign permits
- Zoning violations
The building department addresses all zoning and planning questions.
Please visit Chapter 300 of the Sag Harbor Village code for information on structure set-backs, lot coverage and other zoning questions. Residential set-backs are at the end of the chapter in the Table of Dimensional Regulations.
Please Click the Link to View: Board Meeting Calendar 2019
ACORD forms are neither accepted nor required in any instance.
PDF documents require Acrobat Reader to open. Download Acrobat Reader.
The Building Department is aware of the long wait times and is doing its best to complete permits as fast as possible. Please use the list to estimate your permit issuance date. There is no additional information available for the estimation of permit issuance dates.
The most prevalent omissions that result in a permit being deemed incomplete are:
- Workers compensation certificate missing
- Incorrect address on certificate (must list P.O. Box 660, not 55 Main)
- Cost of construction not entered on the building permit application
- Required energy details not furnished (see memo below regarding what is required)
- Required wind resistance details not furnished (gauge of straps, number of nails, etc.)
Note: if you fail to furnish numbers 1 through 3 you will be sent a letter requesting the application be made complete. Your plans will not be reviewed until such time as the application is complete.